Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question about classes and abilities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hubris73
Hermit

A question about classes and abilities Empty
PostSubject: A question about classes and abilities   A question about classes and abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 pm

So i havent played with classes before and I had a few questions about its implementation. I have had a chance now to wander the server a bit and have selected my class (Rogue) at the temple but I'm having some trouble figuring out much beyond the selection process. I got a message when i selected rogue that i gained the Haste 1 ability...but I have no idea how to use it Sad . Are these abilities strictly for RP purposes (as in, I use haste when I emote <Piegan uses haste> and then make swooshing noises with my mouth as i run around) or are they actual in-game mechanics that effect the way my character moves/attacks/ect? Also I looked for and couldnt find a command within the help menu that might give some sense of where my character was development wise (Like current class, selected abilities, current spendable exp/total gained exp). Like i said, I havent worked with these types of systems before (most adventurous ive gotten before now was plugging in a different texture pack) so I may be overlooking the obvoius - but any help or advise you could offer would be appreicated. thanks - hub
Back to top Go down
Arisilde
Admin

A question about classes and abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question about classes and abilities   A question about classes and abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 pm

We use a plugin called MagicSpells for all the active abilities at the moment. You can find out what you have to cast by typing /cast list. Also, you can do /help magicspells and /cast help for more information.

As far as usable exp, unfortunately the command is /money right now. i haven't figured out a good way to alias it to /exp. I use an economy plugin to simulate experience drops from mobs and you purchase your skills with it.

At some point there will be extensive documentation on all of this, but like I said before, I only just finished actually getting it all working. i haven't gotten that far yet Wink
Back to top Go down

A question about classes and abilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Administration :: Suggestions and Q and A-
Jump to: