Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendatt's Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mendatt
Hermit

Mendatt's Application Empty
PostSubject: Mendatt's Application   Mendatt's Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm

OOC-
IGN: Mendatt
Time zone: EST/GMT -5
Why did this server catch your eye, and why do you want to join it? (2 Sentences): It caught my eye a while ago. I'm a rather big fan of non-coniferous forests, a spelling nazi, and I like roleplaying. A well-thought-out, well-typed roleplaying server situated in a non-coniferous forest is like a dream come true.
I applied, and I think I was accepted, although it was slightly vague. I never actually got to play, though. My understanding of the matter is that the server had broken down, and I gave up on checking it periodically a few weeks after I applied.
I was rather surprised when I opened minecraft with a .minecraft folder I had last used a while ago, and found that Iriliath was up. So I looked the thread up, and found that it had been resurrected, and here I am.
IC-
Name: Muir
Surname: Merenel
Physical Appearance: I'm rather short, about five foot four. My hair is black, and a tad rugged, and my eyes are an unusually dark green. my skin is rather pale, and I'm quite thin, apparently indicating that I should probably get out in the sunlight and do honest physical labor a good bit more. My expression has been described as a bit scornful. Due to my age, I'm devoid of facial hair, although I rather wish I had a beard.
Apparel: Most of my outfits are green. I like green. They're almost always fairly basic tunics and trousers.... Perhaps sometimes a bit more decorative than they have to be. What parts of my clothing aren't green are grey, and most of my clothing is sewn with yellow string. My belt buckle is his sole piece of adornment, and is a slightly crude affair made out of slightly chipped gilded iron.
Personality: I'm an intellectual, philosophical kind of person. My vocabulary is unusually large, and I tend toward irony and sarcasm rather than vulgarity and simplicity. For those reasons, I often don't get along with warriors, gatherers, and other physical laborers. I place a lot of value in intellectual merit, and have quite an analytical mind myself. I'm generally quite cheerful, and quite cynical, which I'm given to understand is an odd combination.
Your characters goals and ambitions (Detailed): I want to know everything, or, failing that, as much as possible. Knowledge leads to power, as proven by the existence of magic. I'm fascinated by water, which is part of everything that lives, and I'm convinced it holds the secret to the next advancement, like that of ironsmithing, but further, and I'm determined to be the one who discovers it. To this end, I devote most of my study to the research of water magic, and what spare time I don't spend studying, I spend looking for books on water magic.
The following section involves “Open-answer” as to how you character would react in the following situations:
1. You are approached by a poorly dressed drunk who wishes to join your pristine tribe. When denied, he pulls out a sword, yelling out crazily. What do you do?
I wouldn't deny him in the first place. Being but a youth, I'm not allowed to permit or deny anyone entry into my tribe. I would, instead, direct him to an adult that I both dislike and am confident can handle him fairly easily.
2. A spirit emerges when you are exploring ruins. It asks that you bring it a sacrifice so that it may grant you wealth and power. What do you do, and if you were to sacrifice someone in Iriliath, who would it be?
I would give it a noncommittal answer, and go out to find someone to sacrifice. I would do that by wandering around until someone attacked me, as people are sadly wont to do. Then, once I found someone I would run away, at a suitably slow pace that they might think I won't escape them, until I get to a river. Then I would run through it, freeze my opponent's feet while they waded through it to catch me, create a geyser that covered the unfriendly tribesman, and freeze it. Then I would drag the ice statue to where I found the spirit, and be blessed with wealth and power. Yay!
Or, much more likely, some event in that long line of events would unfold wrong. The spirit might attack me for not giving it a straight answer, the volatile things they are. I might not be attacked, or if I am attacked, my pursuers might give up when I run away, or when I get to a river. And it's quite likely that if I do manage all of that, the spirit won't actually reward me with anything. Spirits are notorious liars.
3. A new tribesman joins your tribe, but they seem out of place amongst your people. Would you deal with them somehow?
Almost certainly not. If I perceived that they were outcasts because they're more thoughtful and less forceful than the average man, I might introduce myself to them, get to know them, and possibly befriend them. If I decided, at that point, that we weren't likely to get along, I would see if I could incorporate them into the tribe, so that they weren't outcast even more by being associated with me.
4. Your tribe’s leader has become weak and corrupt over the years, putting his own selfish desires over the wellbeing of the tribe. As a loyal tribe member, what do you do?
I wouldn't do anything. It's not as if I listen to him anyways.
However, if it got too out of hand, I might interject a few comments, here and there. It's remarkable what a nudge in the right direction can do- Especially when everyone's already facing it.

... I just realized I found the link here in an outdated thread. Now I feel stupid. If anyone actually sees this, which seems unlikely, ignore it.
Back to top Go down

Mendatt's Application
Page 1 of 1